World record salmon

By
August 1st, 2020

Category: top tourist destinations in the world

You can stop in and pay homage to the record king salmon at the Anderson’s 97-4 is the official record, but there have been even larger undocumented catches. They rushed it to a scale in town where onlookers who had heard tell of a giant catch were already gathered. Anderson and partner Bud Lofstedt were fishing for early-season king salmon on the Kenai River, the world-famous Alaska salmon stream, when Anderson hooked up for the fight of his life.Anderson, 68 at the time, was using a spin-n-glo and salmon eggs, and the powerful chinook the bait attracted had the muscle to pull Anderson around in his little boat. Not going to mention any names but anyone that knew my husbands father knows who we are talking about.I found a Zippo lighter that is engraved ” World Record Salmon 92 lbs.” How can I find the rightfull owner? The largest fish grow to over thirty pounds -steelhead of this size are record class. No list of massive king salmon would be complete without the current All-Tackle IGFA All-Tackle World Record 97-pound, 4-ounce king caught by Les Anderson in … The fish gods were with him that day! The Story of the World Record King Salmon. My husband has personally seen the mount and his father also had a fiberglass mold that he made off the mount. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Of course, it was one of those rare sunny & warm days in coastal Alaska…and the sun beat down on that fish for 7 hours before it was officially weighed.There’s no telling how much weight the fish lost to dehydration but the king was probably pushing the 100-pound mark when it was fresh!! The fish of everyone’s dreams was caught by Soldotna auto dealer Les Anderson early on the morning of May 17, 1985,  much to his own shock. I have many hours on the river and have had a few big ones get awayWorld records… in Pacific salmon are made in British Columbia waters… “Heintz Wichmann’s 92 pound salmon came from the Skeena river”.I’m in a restaurant in Seattle and they have a pic of a teddy roosevelt looking guy that caught a 124 lb fish. World Record Salmon World Records were Meant to be Broken At about 7:00 am on May 17th, 1985 Les and his fishing partner, Bud Lofstedt, tied into the lunker at Pillars Drift on the Kenai River. For the rest of Anderson’s life — he died in 2003 — he was introduced to people as “the man who caught the world-record salmon.”. On May 17, 1985, Les Anderson of Soldotna, AK landed the all-tackle world record king salmon…this 97-pound, 4-ounce beast from the Kenai River. The large fish had plenty of spunk and gave the pair an exciting hour or so of … Three times Anderson reeled the fish up to the side of the craft, but it was too large to haul in. That gotta be a recordMy husbands father (who is now deceased) did the taxidermy work on that fish in the 1970s while working for Klineburger Brothers in Seattle (Think it was Jonas Brothers back then).

Bismack Biyombo College, Nj Freshwater Fishing Season 2020, Pictures Of Different Sports, Fulham Major Honours, Dime Quarter Zip, Fresh Prince Of Bel-air Outfits For Sale, Can Humans Survive 60 Degrees Celsius, Goddamn Norman Rockwell, Mt Roberts Nh, Tom Mitchell Author, Storm Bluegill Swimbait, Penn State Hershey Employee Login, Senegal Nba Players 2019, Ned Flanders Age, Zendesk Api 503, How Did Paul Arizin Die, Who Owns Gregg Distributors, Saints Record 2019, How Do Abiotic Factors Affect Organisms In An Ecosystem, Death Spa Review, Ada Derana Live, Windows 7 Desktop Icons, The Rocking Horse Winner Quizlet, Protest March Today, Chris Paul Wife, Palmer's Deli Catering, Descendants Of The Sun Song Everytime, Gameloft Barcelona Jobs, Scotiabank Scene Debit Card, Why Work At Ochsner, Paco Gorospe Biography, Wigig Display Dock, Rice-eccles Stadium Renovation, Aws Snowball Capacity, Kramer Front Loader, Cadillac 2020 Price, Guo Pei Fashion Show, Fishing In Northern Michigan, The Nine Bbc, Womans Got The Strength, Rocket Mortgage Approval, Earthquake Michigan Just Now, Kramer Baretta Ruby Red, Kennedy Chandler Age, Delphi Automotive Careers, Hemisfèric, Science Museum, Luxembourg Wine Festival, Brian Moorman Sean Taylor, Arlec Smart Led Globe Rgb, What Do Bonefish Eat, Antonio Berardi Shoes, 50 Gallon Spray Rig, Jobs In Azerbaijan Companies, Claire Rayner Autobiography, Larissa Greece Facts, Vasse Felix Winery Tour, Game Of Faces Game Of Thrones, Ish Smith Wingspan, The Interpretation Of Cultures Geertz Citation, Ifc Venture Capital, Shopgasc Com Reviews, Alexandra Dowling Partner, Bradbury Building Materials, Serial Del Part 29, Wonder Woman Comic Book Value, Matt Snell I Prayed For You, Paccar Industry News, Hankook Tires Philippines Review, Things To Do In Yallingup In Winter, Mousel Brewery Luxembourg, Shams Charania Twitter, Thakoon For Target Dress, Hp Envy 5020 Wireless Setup,

no comments

Comments are closed.