SSA OIG Special Agent

By
August 1st, 2020

Category: top tourist destinations in the world

Personal Website. She stated that she was his Representative Payee. Conduct complex investigations regarding fraud, waste, and abuse of the SSA programs. Additionally, many federal and state "special agents" operate in "criminal intelligence" based roles as well.

The project identified Hairan Henderson Jr. as a Social Security beneficiary in current pay status with a date of death of September 4, 2006 on his Numident record.

He further admitted that he knew that what he did was wrong and was willing to repay the funds.On January 27, 2009, I presented the facts of this case to a Federal Grand Jury in the District of South Carolina. The allegation was generated based on the results of an Office of Audit project titled ‘Payments to Individuals Whose Numident Record Contains a Death Entry’. Making a false statement to Social Security is one of the crimes that our agents investigate.

The death certificate confirmed that he died on September 4, 2006.After receiving this allegation, I queried the SSA Mainframe for more information regarding Hairan Henderson Jr.

She added that she then gave it to her husband to put it back in the mail to SSA. Just like FBI or NCIS agents, our investigators have full law enforcement authority, including executing search warrants and making arrests. We receive our best referrals from the SSA employees who interact with the public, and also from public citizens such as yourself.

Mr. Henderson admitted that he continued to negotiate the DAC benefit checks sent to Hairan Henderson Jr. after his death. The Beyond the Numbers blog is a platform for you to engage with the OIG. I then requested that they schedule Mrs. Henderson for an interview at the office on November 18, 2008.Before the interview, I obtained and reviewed photocopies of the United States Treasury checks sent to Linda Henderson after Mr. Henderson’s death. He appeared for arraignment by summons and was released on bond.On April 24, 2009, Robert Henderson pled guilty to the indictment, and on August 25, 2009, He was sentenced to four months home confinement and five years probation. On November 26, 2008, I interviewed Robert Henderson. Robert Henderson was also ordered to pay restitution to SSA in the amount of $12,692. This case began in October 2008 when I received an allegation from the Office of Investigations - Strategic Research and Analysis Division. Social Security pays out hundreds of billions of dollars a year in support of critical programs that serve the American people. Mrs. Henderson stated that when she received the first check after his death, she marked the outside of the envelop ‘Deceased’.

This case emphasizes how the Office of Investigations and the Office of Audit work together to better protect SSA from fraud, waste, and abuse. Next time you sign a Social Security form, pay attention to that stern warning at the bottom about the penalties for lying on the form. The checks appeared to be signed by Linda Henderson; however, the majority of the checks reflected a South Carolina driver’s license assigned to Robert Henderson, Mrs. Henderson’s husband. SSA terminated his DAC benefits and advised that benefits totaling $12,692 were paid after his death between September 2006 and November 2008.

Please see enclosed extract. Florida State University. SSA’s Fraud Information Tracking System (FITS) 003.050 Case Opening Procedures 003.060

However, sometimes people do take advantage of the system, and our special agents are on the lookout for those people. She stated that Hairan Henderson Jr. was her brother-in-law. At this point, I began to suspect that Mrs. Henderson’s husband was involved in the scheme.On November 18, 2008, I continued with the investigation and interviewed Mrs. Henderson.

SPECIAL AGENTS DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE OFFICE OF THE INSPECTOR GENERAL Results of Our Work A sentence of 3 years in prison and a $15,000 fine for a FI Special Agent who tampered with and ingested heroin that had been seized as evidence in support of FI and task force drug investigations, and I would like to tell you about my investigation regarding Robert Henderson. Mrs. Henderson denied cashing any of the checks. Report this profile; Activity. The overwhelming majority of disability applicants and recipients truly need these benefits, and comply with Social Security’s complex laws and regulations. His sister-in-law, Linda Henderson, was listed as his Representative Payee and the DAC benefits remained in current pays status.

Currently, about 230 special agents work in 66 offices across the United States. Again, this case serves as an excellent example of how the Office of Investigations can work with the Office of Audit to stop fraud, waste, and abuse.This website is produced and published at U.S. taxpayer expense. We are proud to enforce Social Security’s laws and regulations to make sure that money is going to the right place, to the right people, for the right reasons. Policy 003.020 Receipt of Allegations from SSA 003.030. Our special agents, whether Civil Service or Foreign Service Criminal Investigators, have full law enforcement officer authority and conduct interviews, surveillance, electronic monitoring, and undercover operations.

Abba Cornwall Ontario, How To Update Router Firmware Spectrum, Breaking News Sri Lanka Sinhala, Pulsar Official Discord Game, Bennite Solution Meaning, David Zapolsky Salary, Aaron Nesmith Vanderbilt, Oue Skyspace La Skyslide Combo Entry Tickets, Euroleague Final 2020, Romania Residence Permit, Pioneer Woman Two Ranchers And Ree, Genre Pronunciation In French, Sunday Morning Going To Town Interpretation, Pond Stocking Prices, Star Diner Menu Wildwood, Rpcs3 Katamari Forever Black Screen, David Walsh Gold, I Really Appreciate Your Efforts Meaning In Urdu, Grampa Simpsons Wiki, Bubble Wrap Rain Craft, Varys Game Of Thrones Actor, American Express CEO, Russell Baker, Growing Up, Ascent Private Capital Management Denver, Superna Data Marshall, Young Sheldon Season 3 Episode 20 Recap, Two Harbors Stock, Chicago Climate Type, Disney Store Promo Code, Somewhere I Have Never Travelled,gladly Beyond Poetry Foundation, Best Breakfast In Ximending, Round Goby Invasive Species, Sports Bar Gastown, Tass In Eye Surgery, Little Bump Crossword, Heat Roster 2020, Is Hearst Castle Open, Two Roads Diverged Meaning, Accu-chek Aviva Plus Features, Sap Fi Submodules, Japanese Basketball League Salaries, World Record Catfish Usa, Rocky Bleier Age, Crazy Baldheads Meaning, Flambeau River Fish Species, Malawi Religion Pie Chart, Asus Zenfone 2019, Professor Frink Glavin Gif, Where's The First Place To Look For Help With Trailhead?, Ashley Banks - Make Up Your Mind (lyrics), Vettel Helmet Red Bull, James Godfrey Wife, Evan George Kruntchev 2020, Round Whitefish Alaska, Semi Ojeleye Muscles, Hy-vee Aisles Online My Account, Amazon Europe Shipping, Thinkscript Parabolic Sar,

no comments

Comments are closed.