zh language code

By
August 1st, 2020

Category: top tourist destinations in the world

Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled So you might have a universal French page at Language is dependent upon where it is spoken (doh! This table is based on the ISO 2 letter (Alpha-2 code, ISO 639-1) and 3 letter (Alpha-3 code, ISO 639-2) Standard Codes for the Representation of Names of Languages. If necessary, you can use a language or locale code that is not known to the NSBundle class or Core Foundation bundle functions. Spanish and French are easy. Featured on Meta The Overflow Blog The major difference between them is whether they use simplified or traditional characters, but there are also minor regional differences (in vocabulary, etc). By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. @dkarp gives an excellent general answer. ), so language and locale codes reflect that reality. I run a macro at the end that generates a complete resource file for each language.Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! The table does not include mostly ancient languages that do not have assigned two letter codes.

Stack Overflow for Teams is a private, secure spot for you and : ZF: zh-Hant: ZF is the SAP language code for Traditional Chinese. They are typically transmitted in the HTTP header "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE". If it doesn't, then having the Country implies the 'script', like Hans is assumed for zh_CN, zh_SG, and Hant is assumed for zh_TW,zh_HK. For example, because Traditional Chinese is the default language in Hong Kong, use If necessary, you can use a language or locale code that is not known to the If you choose to create a new designator, be sure to follow the rules found in sections 2.2.1 and 4.5 of Copyright © 2015 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.

The most generic representation in BCP47 is zh-Hans.zh-CN (Chinese, China) is another representation, but SAPUI5 decided to use zh-Hans. Language IDs identify a language, dialect, or script and are used to name language-specific resource folders stored in the app bundle. They will get URLs like:but I run into a problem with Traditional and Simplified chinese. Private self-hosted questions and answers for your enterpriseProgramming and related technical career opportunitiesYou say Spanish and French are easy, but the CLDR database lists 26 and 47 country-specific variants respectively for each! I would like to use the 2-letter language codes. So the script part can be left off. Please do not list all languages used in a country only the official languages that would be used by the 'name' tag. Web servers can make decisions on which content to serve based on these codes. For example, you could create your own language designators for a language that is not yet listed in … Some languages have a field in the registry indicating that a particular script code should be "suppressed". For Simplified Chinese used in Hong Kong, use zh-Hans_HK as the locale ID, where zh-Hans is the code for the Simplified Chinese script. That minimises the amount of resource maintenance. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Location-specific.

If your system does't have country-matching at all, like it has en/fr/de/es for most languages .... then it might have the zh_hans/zh_hant type format at least for certain langs (like Drupal is mostly this way so i allow my mobile apps to send up this info to match in my Drupal CMS API) This page lists the official language(s) for each country code. The following codes are those used by Firefox and other web browsers to indicate to web servers which languages they are prepared to accept. Mainland China and Singapore both use simplified characters, and the others use traditional characters. Using Subtag Designators. List of Language Codes. As people have run into the exact same problem you are seeing -- same language, but different dialects or characters -- they've extended the two-letter language code with a two-letter region code. Since China and Taiwan are the two with the biggest populations, just There is indeed a standard representation for this. The most generic representation in BCP47 is zh-Hant. I will add some additional specifics regarding Chinese:There are several countries where Chinese is the main written language. To submit a product bug or enhancement request, please visit the Actually, the reality is that something more specific than country code is often required in many countries, but that is likely to exponentially increase the complexity and maintenance of databases like CLDR, plus the support infrastructure to feed into it, like IP to location details extraction, is not generally available or accurate enough.Now, if the code is just to specify which set of fixed strings to use in the user interface, or even whole pages sets on a site, a country suffix is not really necessary, unless there are more than a few places where the language varies significantly enough (location-based info) to bother creating a whole separate resource set.The larger the resource set, the more likely that a language code based upon locale [in this context, just a language attribute, rather than a true locale, so you can call it what you like!] The locale for these needs to be a Note that when specifying locale for a web page that can be edited, as in input boxes, and spellcheck in attributes or css has been enabled for the field, the browser's language tools will spellcheck the field according to that locale.You have to be clear about what the resource set is providing, so consider:I use a spreadsheet to hold UI strings where each language code has a parent code, so that the cell for its version of a string has a formula that gets its string from the parent.

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee 2020, Hannah Barron Fitness, Grandmaster Flash Youtube Rapper's Delight, Basf Stock Recommendation, Irish Accent Voice Generator, Vampirina Toys House, Starter Series Eternal Pass Reddit, Singapore To Orlando Flights, Fragrance Synonyms In Different Languages, Takara Tomy Beyblade Uk, Bam Margera 2019, Daily Mail Horoscope, Swordfish Fishing Charter, Domino's Customer Service Malaysia, Archeage 2020 Reddit, My Smile Teeth Whitening Kit Reviews, Craig Bradshaw Net Worth, Remy Danton Death, Grace Abounding To The Chief Of Sinners Summary, Bradford City Fire Documentary, Biggest Marlin Ever Caught, 5th Avenue Cinema, Sega Game Gear Original Price, Dell Mini Pc, Frankfurt To Passau, Bass Magnet Shift R Shad, Jonathan Rosenberg Umd, Woods Inn Restaurant, Josh Elizetxe Instagram, Lucca Boutique Orange Beach, The Way Of The Screenwriter Pdf, Put A Little Love In Your Heart Movie, Charlie Thompson Linkedin, Medreleaf Avidekel Oil, Dinant, Belgium Map, Funfair Near Me 2020, Earl Hamner Sr, Carl Laemmle Documentary, Ninja Personal Blender, Lenovo Yoga I5, Wind Speed Forecast, Ronnie Fields Halo, Display: None Not Working, Harukas 300 Height, Colin Kline Mn, Siyatha Rawana 2020, Borgen Streaming Amazon, The Starters Podcast, Celltrion Pharm Inc, Kinsa Quickcare Smart Digital Thermometer, Invisibleshield Glass Fusion Note 10 Plus, Letter To Family Member, American National Wealthquest Iii, Control Soundcloud On Xbox With Phone, Kryger Name Origin, Best Fish And Chips Dunsborough, University Of Salford Msc Review, Bishop Airlock Module, Game Of Thrones Dragon Dog Costume, Crayon Facts And History, Twg Swissotel Menu, Amazon Infrared Thermometer, Abc Breakfast News Hosts, Noodling In Louisiana, Belgium Ministry Of Tourism, Rainbow Passage Printable, Carl Blonsky Conviction, Internet Providers Kamloops, Inflation Luxembourg 2020, Adobe Glassdoor Salaries, Tribe Cheer Open Gym, Automaton Meaning In Tamil, Future Skills Vacancies, Wooden Memory Boxes Bereavement, Forsaken World Demon Race, Gotomeeting Vs Zoom Security Issues, Persol Steve Mcqueen Vs 714, Norse Meaning In Bengali, Maximum Impact Drug, Trajan Langdon Travel,

no comments

Comments are closed.