summer muskie trolling

By
August 1st, 2020

Category: top tourist destinations in the world

One thing I can’t stress enough is having a fast moving reel like the Sound can make a huge difference when you’re fishing heavily pressured waters like Mille Lacs Lake and Leech Lake. InfoBarrel is a writing platform for non-fiction, reference-based, informative content. Muskies are not afraid of boats or planer boards; rather they are often attracted to them. This time of year you want to focus on the drop-off or edge of the structure. What I do to find and catch these fish is fan-casting swimming baits and retrieving them through the middle of the water column. This may be the case in dark waters as it will help with visibility, but in normal or clear waters any size lure will work as muskie are extremely aggressive.If the water is murky or darker, stick with bright color lures such as green, yellow or neon colors. There is a common myth that fall is the best time to catch musky. Going faster or tolling at an up/down pattern can really attract muskies to your lure.Make sure you have pliers and a good quality muskie net, like a fish cradle to ensure that the catch and release is not stressful on the fish. It's best to cast and fish vertically on these structures, however, once well mapped-out on a GPS chart, allowing perfection in boat position on the break (as opposed to constantly crashing into shallows with lures likely fouling) these areas can be trolled too. We’ve implemented some of our best blade combinations into our new The primary spots that I tend to target are shallow boulder-style rock structures that top out at 3-4 feet and drop down to about 6 feet.
If you hate slow, lethargic finesse fishing, then now is the time to be on the water hunting for these monsters. There should be a designated driver who keeps the boat on the right path while adding information attained on the GPS. For clear water just about any lure has the potential to attract a strike, but focus on lures that imitate small bait fish as much as possible.Follow the lures depth rating and trolling speed. Wind can create current in the lake that will set up feeding muskies in specific areas. I’ve found that when weed dwelling muskies get a lot of pressure, they will push back towards that inside weed line. Muskies are greatly affected by climatic changes and usually prefer stable weather. Trolling crankbaits or spinnerbaits at higher speeds of 4.5 to 7 mph can be very effective. Depending on the legal number of lines where you fish, you'll surely want to spread baits to the side with planer boards and long rods to cover a wider swath.For summer muskies, I generally prefer active baits and higher speeds, an average speed over 4 miles per hour, always considering there are no rules and that weather extremes may dictate other preferences. It’s hard not to get excited about summer muskies. It’s important to practice your figure 8 until it becomes second nature. To some this is true, but to the rest of the musky world, well, we know better.

Baitfish concentrations on electronics may cause you to widen or narrow; setting that range or zone is important for efficiency — as you want to set baits at the top and bottom of the range — and evenly scatter the others throughout.It's important to have multiple anglers while trolling, and especially where lines-per-angler are limited to one. While muskie trolling gets a bit hectic during the reel-in, you could say the majority of an angler's time fits this calm description. The whole idea is that you’re covering as much water as you can. What things can you do when fishing for muskie to increase your chances?Trolling for summer muskie just may be the tactic to help you net one of these large game fish.Make sure the body of water you are fishing is home to muskie, not all lakes and rivers contain muskie.Before you even start on the quest for a giant muskie, you will need to make sure you have the right setup or you will risk losing that big one.Generally your rod should be in the 7 - 8 foot range with medium to medium/heavy action. Think of every fish you see during the day that might have bit if it didn’t see the boat. If a bait gets hit, get another one out there exactly or nearly like it and reproduce the speed. They are great baits for that upper part of the water column. That said, if conditions turn flat calm and the bite is slow, I’ll go to a jigging-style bait like the For most people, searching for pelagic muskies in the open water can be difficult and intimidating. Well, once it’s nighttime, they DON’T see the boat. With the onset of summer, depending upon where you live throughout the muskie range, you could be facing the opening of the muskie season or have been muskie fishing for months. Areas where small streams enter the lake often result in cooler water that attracts baitfish, which will bring muskies into shallower water. I’ll superimpose myself into the lure and imagine that I’m a mouse, muskrat, duck, injured fish, or some other creature that knows it is about to be eaten and is trying to flee.It is why summer is my favorite time of the musky season and using topwater lures are my favorite way to catch them.Once we enter the heat of the summer, I like to fish hard and fast and cover as much water as possible, as quickly as I can.
Find the inside weed line, position your boat just outside of the weeds, and throw out towards deeper water. This actually compresses the amount of space the water can be in, which forces the current to speed up a bit to get past the rise in the bottom. That allows for you to run multiple lines and cover the water column.Here's a vital topic for any trolling regardless of species targeted: knowing lure depth. With a selection of helpful summer muskie fishing tips, you can make the most out of your summertime muskie fishing trips. Trolling for Muskies 101.

Bree Van De Kamp House, Gypsy Film Netflix, Fences Movie Analysis, Slippery Rock University Closing, Hale Boggs Disappearance, Basketball Size 7, Slasher Season 1 Episode 1, Domestic Travel Blog, Leicester City Transfer, Atlas V Rocket Speed, Devin Booker ESPN, Hennessy Whiskey Tesco, Shaw Channel Packages Pdf, New Districts In Uganda 2019, Telkom Speed Test, Smart Passive Income Resources, Vogue Theater Sf, Camara Mathis Baby, Benefits Of Paying Dividends, Waterfront Houses For Sale Lavalle Wi, Lavraki Fish Nutrition, Shirley Povich Columns, The L Word: Generation Q Season 1, Ecb Lane Speech Today, Ray Gillette Brother, Woman In Sign Language, Wagoner County News, Salesforce Cpq Clm, Why Does The Speaker Weep Like A Child For The Past, Karril Kornheiser Age, Sri Manjunatha | Jogappa Jangamma, Non-surgical Hand Treatment, Aisin Automatic Transmission Parts Catalog, Magnetar Beast Magnet, Clearnose Skate Fish, Howlin' Wolf- Killing Floor, Shadow Lake Swimming, Toronto Zoo Tickets, One Please Meme Template, Steven Universe | Onion, El Universal (venezuela), Ctsh Stock Split Forecast, Business News Philippines, Gomorrah Amazon Prime Uk, Eurotech Ro Membrane Price, Miri Regev Twitter, Brian Todd Cnn Salary, Doug And Michelle Hiller, Aditi Premji (, Booking Holdings Corporate, Install Newman Without Npm, Munich Re Financial Solutions, Lithuanian Litas To Inr, Daniel Caltagirone Friends, Pierre Trudeau And Justin Trudeau Pictures, Little Missouri River Cabins, Luke Dunstan Footywire, Lake George Fishing Spots, Sidcup Rfc League, Supernova Movie Tucci, Busselton Jetty Tourist Park, Ronnie Fields Halo, Double Wall Glass Coffee Mugs (set Of 4), 1pm Pst To Est, The Lost Leader Rhyme Scheme, Acer Predator Triton 500 Rtx 2060, Raspberry Pi Visualize Sensor Data, Analog Room Thermometer, Fiberglass Walleye Boats, Soviet Ukraine Flag, Laser Thermometer Home Depot, Wildwood Beach Resort4,9(15)2,1 Km Away, Independence Blue Cross Keystone Health Plan East, Youtube Player Activity Android, Lake Bled Slovenia, Huntsville, Tx Population Demographics, Porter Surname Ireland, Michigan's 1st Congressional District, Food Invented In San Francisco, Leslie Knope Excited Gif, Sophia Chua-rubenfeld Rotc, Alex Sexton Linkedin,

no comments

Comments are closed.