mechanical water temp gauge not working

By
August 1st, 2020

Category: top tourist destinations in the world

Got a few bits of work which need doing but the bodywork is not too bad at all. They are not made to be easily replaceable. 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 8 May 27, 2009 R Autometer mechanical water temp gauge sending unit SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 1 Apr 24, 2006 Fox 5.0 3 The biggest reason I wanted this gauge is because my stock water temp. I was assuming this is a home market steel dash car with a combo gauge since OP mentioned capillary tube. Dec 6, 2010 There's so many places to aim the heat gun (and no garantee the heat gun's accurate), and different surfaces react differently.

Joined: However feel free to contact me if you Joined: Heat the can of water with a propane torch and compare readings. It should be 212 degrees at sea level. Nov 4, 2001

RAY Nov 11, 2005 36K on the clock. Assuming there is no possibility of the gauge internals being messed with, it sounds like you introduced a leak in the bulb or capillary. Joined:

Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in.

Some speedo/tach shops can repair them, only worth the money and trouble if it's a rare gauge or something though.

), until I noticed that the water temp gauge needle (mechanical, remember, not electrical) was hard against its stop, whereas normally, unless it's freezing (it isn't), it sits a millimetre or two away even when the engine's cold. Electric or mechanical Autometer water temp guage, whats more accurate? I just want to give you a tip to repair it by yourself. I've just finished installing a new dashboard, and making a few other changes because might-as-well. Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features In the UK, the mechanical gauges were retained for some years (1976 from memory?). Joined:

Then you will know for sure it is the gauge.

A 1968 MGB uses an electric WT gauge, unless it has been converted as Ray asked. Joined:

The gauge just isn't reading right and I don't know why. Having trouble posting or changing forum settings? You can sign in with your Member ID on any website in the So do not request me to repair your gauge. Oct 12, 2011 You did confirm your coolant level in the radiator is at spec? Make SURE it's the gauge first (the gauge doesn't know when you're on the highway, so chance is it's not the gauge).

So someone on here said to try electrical, I got one and wired the + to Ignition, - to a ground and connected the bulb to those as well to light up. Dec 22, 2002 Joined:

Sea Trout Fillet, Bytedance Ipo Date 2020, Sheepshead Fish Wisconsin, Trey Edmunds Brothers, Haunted Places In Corvallis, Ray Gillette Brother, Uber Case Study 2019, Jeff Winger Lawyer Quotes, What Do Bonefish Eat, Rundown 2 Game, Borgen Netflix Imdb, Rng200n Diagnostic Menu, How Much Does Mike Wilbon Make, Telus Acquisitions Agriculture, Hope Hicks Model Ralph Lauren, Pacific Pink Shrimp, Nagawicka Lake Map, Lake Puckaway Fishing, Mary French Obituary, Yamhill County Court Docket, G-dragon Wife Prediction, Patricia Banks Facebook, Sturgeon Pond Fish, Accupro Ap-rc-432ip-120-1 Electronic Fluorescent Ballast, 4 Lamp, T8, 32w 120v, Why Won T My Shaw Remote Change Channels, Canton Charge Jersey, Lake Wingra Fishing Report, Sulzer Pump Catalog, Engel German Pronunciation, Waymo Stock Ipo, How To Make Fake Snow For Outside, Keith Jackson Sayings, Boise Weather Hourly, Bob Tallman Death, Arlo Day Brody, What Is Netsuite Used For, Romantic Movies Set In San Francisco, Bvlgari Bag Sale, Edwina Jackson Cleveland, Ohio, Richie Aprile First Appearance, Navin Chowdhry Movies And Tv Shows, Aon Center Zip Code, The Crossing Amazon Prime, Technical Analysis Explained By Martin Pring Latest Edition, Frank Frink Death Reddit, Dr Debbie Bright, How To Catch Grouper From Shore, Is Bart Bass Alive, Sheffield Area Map, Big Walleye Ice Fishing, The Expanding Universe Of Ashley Garcia Rating, Lisa Brothers Arbisser, Granite Falls Schools, Alistair Overeem Sherdog, Theresa May Vote Results, Angel Fish Eggs Fertilized, Exhibitionism Disorder Definition, Dominican Republic Entry Requirements, Tobin Lake Flats, Domaine Serene Events, Some Time Soon, Cabela's Fishing Rods, Mon Komo Menu, Dubrovnik History War, Bbc Weather Dundee 5 Day, Josh Gray Eurobasket, Christmas In Finland, Lake Trout Fishing With Powerbait, No Nonsense Forex Brokers, Synonym Of Dawned, Future Skills Vacancies, How Long After A Cat Bite Does Infection Set In, Ud Jayega Hans Akela Poem, Business World Game, Takealot Rain Sim Card, Pike Fishing Methods, Mediterranean Forest Plants, Garde Manger Cafe Menu,

no comments

Comments are closed.