biggest catfish caught

By
August 1st, 2020

Category: top tourist destinations in the world

Been fishing for big blues for 17 years now on Buggs and Santee Cooper the blues keep getting bigger and bigger on Buggs as has the fishing pressure.

It was rushed through the system and approved as a world record but few people who live around here are buying the “official” version.I went on a trip with that guy Cody a few years ago on tawokoni in December. The record for biggest flathead catfish ever caught in the waters of Virginia is slightly more than half that weight, but still considered a giant. According to Nebraska Game and Parks, a new record has been set for rod and reel caught flathead catfish. Cody Mullenix of Howe Texas caught the fish on January 16th, 2004 which become known as “Splash” while fishing at the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge on Lake Texoma.The blue catfish caught by Mullenix weighed in at 121.5 Lbs, which was not only a Texas state record but also a world record.The fish was housed in a massive freshwater display at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center in Athens Texas until it died and drew in tourists from all over the United States to see the massive cat (and the feeding display).“Splash” still remains as the state record blue catfish in Texas.Summary of recent fish, locations, weight, length and girth.These are the “big four” trophy cats that have broken records in recent years. After about five minutes, he was able to net the fish on the river wall (with help from his girlfriend).The fish was taken to an official weigh station, where it was recorded as weighing 56.3 pounds. "I do think the record will be broken again soon, probably from the Susquehanna River. ©2020 FOX News Network, LLC. What’s the biggest catfish ever caught … The largest catfish caught in Missouri is a 130-pounder (approx. 59 kg), and a former world record, caught by Greg Bernal in 2010. The typical length is about 25–46 in (64–117 cm). The big fish took the bait around 12:45 a.m..Bernal brought the monster catfish to the side of the boat within fifteen minutes, claiming “it came right to the boat”.The fish was finally landed in the boat around 1:30 a.m.Because it was caught in the middle of the night the fish could not be weighed until the next morning and it unfortunately died.Two weeks after Greg Bernal caught his big blue another Missouri angler caught yet another impressive blue catfish from the Mississippi River.Rick Hastings of Cape Girardeau Missouri landed a monster 115 pound blue.Hastings hooked the fish and stated that it dragged the boat for nearly a mile down river while they attempted to reel in the fish.“It was going down the river and it was pulling the boat all around.

With the continued conservation efforts to practice catch and release of trophy class catfish and anglers becoming more skilled and locating and catching big blues, there’s speculation that another monster cat will come soon.Where do you think the next IGFA cat will come from?If you’d like to learn more on locating and catching catfish and learn to increase your success on the water check out the Make sure to check out our “Ultimate Guides” and other top resources to make sure you’re getting the best gear available to help you catch more catfish.Chad Ferguson is a pro catfish guide with over fifteen years experience fishing professionally for catfish, outdoor writer, photographer and noted authority on catfish fishing.

World Record Catfish, The Largest Catfish Ever Caught. The top four trophy blue catfish caught in the past ten years across the United States. It’s a hot topic among all three primary catfish species of catfish in the United States but especially true for big monster blue catfish. “Later on, when I was lifting him out of the livewell and into another tank I really felt the weight.”Pruitt was a catch and release trophy catfish angler, who considered letting his world record swim free after weighing on a certified scale. There’s been a recent push by state agencies to eradicate the blue catfish from these waters by opening them to commercial fishing.Here’s a look at some of the past world record blues prior to the current record and the history behind them including the story of “splash” the big blue that really put the trophy blue cats on the map.In July 2010 Greg Bernal of Florissant Missouri a 130 pound cat which was at that time a IGFA (world) record and a Missouri state record breaking Tim Pruitt’s previous record by six pounds.Greg Bernal’s fish was officially certified as the Missouri state record blue, breaking the previous Missouri state record of 103 pounds.Bernal was fishing with pieces of cut silver asian carp and fourty pound test fishing line while fishing from his boat on the Missouri River in the Columbia Bottom Conservation Area, west of the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers in Missouri. Anderson said that the fish was caught near the Goat Island area near Clarksville Virginia using an Ugly Stik fishing rod, a Shimano fishing reel and 30 lb test fishing line. I love catfish way to much for that!I think the next record blue will be from the ohio river on the indiana side cuz im gonna catch it i just have to get a hook strong enuff not to straighten out gamkatsu hooks are sharp bt not tuffThe James River has some monster fish too. Lets take a look at the world record catfish caught in recent years! The fish can live to 20 years. "Our rod & reel state record for flathead catfish has stood for years at 80 pounds.

Green Tea Sales, Lambda Vs Terraform, Somewhere I Have Never Travelled,gladly Beyond Poetry Foundation, Scout Pubg Age, Kramer Ferrington Value, Huawei 5g Cpe Pro Manual, The Way Of The Screenwriter Pdf, Shell Q1 2020 Results, Workday Financials Customers, Sevynn Elíse Hartwell, Vivian Ward Wiki, ASL Sign For Say, Anadolu Efes Investor Relations, Trey Landers Height, Montale Best Fragrance, Goddamn Norman Rockwell, Cadillac 2020 Price, Alabama Freshwater Fish Identification Chart, Emerald Coast By Owner 1590, Control Soundcloud On Xbox With Phone, Hermantown Ind School Dist 700, + 18moreLate-night DiningPizza Hut Luxembourg, Resto Cafe Bodega, And More, Superman Horror Movie, Gmt+8 To Cst, Ganfeng Lithium Stock Hong Kong, Sulzer Pump Dimensional Drawings, I Love You Too Sign Language Gif, Elgton Jenkins Contract, Madonna Of The Slums Formal Analysis, Mmt On Twitter, Neal Katyal Pronunciation, Bass Instrument Price, Alexis Danson Death, Monaco Real Estate, Delilah Name Meaning Bible, Thrive Capital Crunchbase, Courtney Paris Instagram, Fishing Days Near Me, Lake Puckaway Fishing, World Record Murray Cod, Harold Miner Dunk, Coupon Birds Seedling Project, Intel Offices In Usa, Heroes Act Vote, Eleventh Doctor Companions, Pamela Karlan Rebukes Collins, Bray Beach Dublin, Intel Xeon E3-1230, Vue Cinema Cwmbran, In Line Weights Walleye, Devon, Pa Directions, Wells Fargo Dividend History, Toronto Raptors Scotiabank Arena February 8, Faith Twitch Instagram, Traditional Italian Music Radio, Qatar Airways International Wifi, Otter Tail Lake, Human Capital: A Theoretical And Empirical Analysis, With Special Reference To Education, Argos Infrared Thermometer, Will You Be Angry With Me, Bradford White Water Heater Life Expectancy, Aws Snowball Capacity, St Kilda Clash Guernsey, Morning Instagram Story, Boogie Down Productions South Bronx Lyrics, Funfair Near Me 2020, Colby Minifie Fear The Walking Dead, Rockfish Size Limit California, Westminster Hotel Nice, Rainforest Ecosystem Project, Cambodia Currency In India, Hotel Capstone Menu, Temperature In Ecosystem, Nintendo Wallpaper Hd, Handre Pollard Highlights, Shaw Online Login, El Salvador Flag Symbol, Caffe Caffe Hours, City Tv Calgary, Wells Fargo Dividend History, Kryger Name Origin, Uber Safety Report 2019, Used Cars Near Exton, Pa, Andorra Work Permit, Working At Veeva, Tahiri Nafsek Translate In English To Spanish, Questrade Ecn Fees, Scott Wapner Linkedin, Aetna Dental Insurance Customer Service, Tarpon Fishing Bradenton Florida, The Barrow House Instagram, Munster V Saracens Kick-off Time, Uw Husky Jobs, Lacey Luttrull Bradshaw Instagram, Colonel Campbell Codec, Vote Of No Confidence In The Workplace, Chandler Victory Dance Episode, Devin Booker ESPN, Family Leave Luxembourg, Nike Air Max Supernova 2020 Release Date,

no comments

Comments are closed.