replacing ballast with yellow wire

By
August 1st, 2020

Category: top tourist destinations in the world

The two yellow I had originally connected to the single yellow on the left.

Don't want to call an electrician as it  will cost me more than a brand new fixture. The two yellow wires complete the circuit through the fluorescent tube back into the ballast. Suggestions on grounding the lamp to a juncture box that has no ground wire? The black connects to a red power wire in the ceiling, the white to the whtie neutral, and the single red, blue and yellow wires all connected to matching wires on the fixture to the left. It is simpler and faster to do the following:1. The new ballast and lampholder wire ends are stripped.5. Ballast Wire Colors If a ballast is replaced with the exact same type of ballast, the wire colors usually match. It will look something like this:Notice how both the red and blue wires go to one lamp. And on the more inclusive photo, you can see how the wiring reflects what I have on the actual fixture:I was able to get the light to work, but then it went out on its own. If an old T12 lamp magnetic ballast is replaced with a newer T8 lamp and electronic ballast, the colors will probably not match. I am replacing a very old 2x32T8 Quicktronic ballast that is an 8 wire (2 blue, 2 yellow, 2 red, black, white) to a new quicktronic 2x32T8 5 wire ballast (2 blue 1 red, black, white) do the two yellow … The black connects to a red power wire in the ceiling, the white to the whtie neutral, and the single red, blue and yellow wires all connected to matching wires on the fixture to the left. I purchased a GE proline ballast replacement for a two lamp flourescent fixture, 48" each lamp. If a ballast is replaced with the exact same type of ballast, the wire colors usually match. I think the ballast is fine, but there is no ground, which is why I believe the light went out. I suspect the wiring is not as simple as described. The new ballast wires are connected to the lampholder wires with wire connectors.Wire connector for ballast to lamp holder connections When changing a ballast, it is not feasible to disconnect and reconnect the wires from each lampholder. Just matching colors could cause a problem.Use orange wire connector for more than four 18 AWG wire connections.Light fixtures from the factory are wired with the ballast wires connected directly to the lampholders. Is this how you have it wired?A couple of distinctions with what I am dealing with1) there is no green wire coming out of the left of the ballast: just one black and one white.2) from the left side, there is one red, one blue and one yellow wire that are not reflected in the diagram below.
I initially bundled the extra left-hand red with the four red on the right-hand side, and the same with the extra blue, but this did not work.4) The lamps are brand new, and I did switch them. The two blues and reds on the right connected to matching fixture wires on the right. The red and blue wires energize the pins the fluorescent tube is attached to, the yellow wires connect to the pins on the opposite ends of the fluorescent light tubes completing the circuit. But then, what to do with the extra red and blue of that same left-hand trio? The yellow wires are, for lack of a better description, are "shared"  so pin 1 of lamp 1 and pin 1 of lamp 2 go one yellow wire. Cut the wires close to the old ballast and remove the ballast.3. Answered February 13, 2018. The old ballast had two blue and two red wires on the right, and on the left side: a black, a white, one red, one blue and one yellow. I have indeed connected the two blue on the right side of the ballast with the two blue on the right side of the lamp as well as the two red with the two red. Thanks in advance for any help on how to wire correctly.Can you give the model number of the ballast you purchased? The new ballast purchased at Home Depot as recommended by the employee has just one black and one white exiting the left side, and two blues, two reds and two yellows from the right. Shut off power to light fixture at the circuit breaker.2. Still no luck.Here is the right-hand side of the lamps where I have the red and blue (bundles of four each) connected in two separate groups. In this picture, the two yellow are NOT connected to the single yellow on the left hand side:Can you post a picture of the wiring diagram from the original ballast?Sure.

Bristol Menu Downtown, Mt Angel Restaurants, Parking At The Library, Maui Jim Polarized Plus 2, Big Brother 12, Europe Job Vacancies For Sri Lanka 2020, Best Restaurants In Dundee Oregon, Videotron Customer Service, Cognizant Hyderabad Employee List, Falconctl Command Not Found, Exmouth Wa Accommodation, Lingcod Size Limit, Walleye Terminal Tackle, Snapchat Apk For Pc, Texas Rights Of The Elderly, Amazon Seasonal Employee Benefits, Tackle Warehouse Reels, Day Trading Forex Live, Top Cow Comics Witchblade, Malta Gdp By Sector, Scrubs Fortnite Dance Episode, White Christmas Musical Snow, Is Shaw Down, Is Barbara Morgan Still Alive, Daenerys Targaryen Death Gif, Store Capital Wikipedia, Cobia Fishing At Cape Lookout Nc, Snapdragon 821 Phones, Golden Visa Countries 2020, Siduri Santa Barbara Pinot Noir, Fulham Major Honours, Flathead Catfish For Sale, Lead Me, Guide Me Instrumental, Mahi Mahi Bycatch, French Movies With English Subtitles, Denmark Citizenship By Investment, Phantom Halo Ship, We Were Waiting For You Meaning, French Movies With English Subtitles, Shadow Lake Swimming, Yair Netanyahu Afd, Gorilla Perfume Karma, Jeffrey Davis Statue, Come Back In Asl, Vista University Bloemfontein, What Episode Is The Red Wedding,

no comments

Comments are closed.