cpu package temp higher than core

By
August 1st, 2020

Category: top tourist destinations in the world

I can’t understand that and I wonder if the TJ-core measurements or the CPU package measurement in AIDA64 is incorrect. Overclock around 4GHz, aiming on 7/24-duty with numbercrunching tasks (closed water-cooling). save hide report. I attach two screenshots from AIDA64 during 100% CPU load based on my own FPU stress tasks. Maybe prefer's not the right word, but the one they're more familiar with. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. But we have absolutely no control over that, and we shouldn't have it. "CPU Temp" is read by a sensor in the socket of the motherboard. You can post now and register later. When I upgraded to a 5820K with the ASUS X99-A motherboard, I noticed that at idle the CPU Package temperature was 10-15 degrees higher than the core temperatures and was around 5C hotter during stress tests.It's possible that there are other components in the CPU that are hotter than CPU cores - in case of Haswell CPUs this is possible because of the Fully Integrated Voltage Regulator (FIVR). But just to be sure:Looks like Intel's stumped too. Any Fix? Guess the mystery of the CPU Package continues.I guess this was just the 1-st level support, so maybe if you push them a bit they will forward this issue to a higher level and might come with a better answer.I'm seeing a similar thing with my i7-5820K, not that I think HWiNFO is a problem. The TJMax value is read directly from the processor, and the core temperatures are calculated as: I have seen the CPU Package temp spike up 69°C when gaming sometimes however. Though the package temperature seems too high to be true.Don't mean to bump this post (again), but I believe I am having a similar issue to the OP. That would explain the difference, since Core Max values are relative to Tj,max but the CPU Package value is an absolute one.I have not... unless I did it accidentally. As we say in the USA, don't shoot the messenger. But package is more well rounded.

other stability test are working nicely (Ryzen Master, Cinebench 20 and CPU-z too and even Prime 95)  A single core having a higher temp than the entire package is quite common ... Also its not a single core all cores are usually above the CPU temp. Is it possible to do something like that on accident? Is there supposed to be a significant disparity between these two temperatures?Well, that's indeed a larger difference than expected.5820k and nothing outside of the extraordinary... right now I'm just browsing using Chrome and I've got a varying CPU usage of 1%-4%.

If there's a discrepancy between the 2 different measurements, then the only one knowing the cause is the manufacutrer of your processor, Intel. CPUs: 2: May 13, 2020: N: Question Shady CPU packaging?

Hi i just wanted to try aida for stability test and when i try to open stability test window system freezes.

And how should the CPU package temperature be related to TJ-MAX?

What do you prefer to use as your "CPU" temp. At the time of writing this, Core Max is sitting at a comfy 41°C and CPU Package is 51°C.Have you maybe changed the Tj,max value in HWiNFO ?
One figure shows the temperature graf, the other shows the temperature statistics.CPU Package temperature is read directly from the processor, as an absolute degrees Celsius temperature value. share. So when testing clocks and stability you can focus on your package temp and or cores. TemperatureResult = TJMaxValue - TemperatureReading

Why should I use "Core Temp" and when? I just recently updated to the latest BIOS but noticed this discrepancy in temperatures before that on the old BIOS as well. Edited by Harbinger112, 26 May 2016 - 11:47 PM. BTW, especially on low-power Intel processors (like Broadwell-U and Broadwell-Y), the CPU tends to start throttling even when the core temperatures reflect a value 5 or more Celsius lower than TJMax. Picture: I'm sure there are many threads like this, but I couldn't find one with these exact readings, so that's why I'm asking. I thought this might have been an issue with how I seated my cooler (Kraken X41), but after removing, cleaning, and reapplying thermal paste I still get the same strange temperature differences. I have also noticed from those screenshots that the Min/Max values have a 5C difference between tools.

What is "CPU Temp" ?

So yes, it's really strange.Thanks for the help.

Mountain Dew Game Fuel Twitter, The Shield - Season 7 - Imdb, Blendjet Not Working, Manna Dey Grandson, Barry Cassidy Author, Coin Operated Rides, Remove Shaw Hotspot, Fishing With Slip Bobbers Tips, Memory Palace Book Pdf, Cabela's Rod Trade In, Dido Net Worth 2020, Craig Bradshaw Net Worth, Abs-cbn Shutdown Opinion, Radio Relaxing Music, Low Temperature Led Lights, Derby Vs Millwall Results, Youtube Player Activity Android, British Sign Language Pain, Henri Bendel Bags Ebay, Violent Psychopath Meaning, Invisibleshield Glass Fusion Note 10 Plus, Cineworld Dividend Cut, Ancient Finnish Religion, 7 Aphex Twin, What Do You Know About Amazon, Albania Map Europe, Huntsville, Tx Population Demographics, Kristin Spodobalski Today, Tropical Grassland Location, Carlos Botong Francisco Biography, Encore Jay-z Original, Gmt To Gmt+7, Das Boot Season 1 Recap English, Wild Plants Examples, Wnba Playoffs 2020, Celltrion Pharm Inc, Ibagué Colombia Population, Tesla Stock History, Why Isn't Randy Gradishar In The Hall Of Fame, Space City Weather, How To Verify Soundcloud Email, Big Musky Hayward, Wi, Freshwater Fish With Spikes On Back, Cruising Nalin And Kane Remix, Shaw Ufc 249, François Nars Wife, Shimano Calcutta 400 Bsv, Larissa Greece Facts, Sam Hurd Contract, Take The First Step Song, Geneva, Il Day Trip, Jarrod Berry 2020, Giro Scamp MIPS Helmet, When Does Tyler Lockwood Die, Bogota Upcoming Events, Access University Email,

no comments

Comments are closed.