agatha name meaning

By
August 1st, 2020

Category: top tourist destinations in the world

Saint Agatha was a 3rd-century martyr from Sicily who was tortured and killed after spurning the advances of a Roman official. The name was popularized by the fame of a 3rd-century saint and martyr.Agueda is the Spanish version, pronounced (AH-geh-dah)Latinized form of the Greek name Αγαθη (Agathe), derived from Greek αγαθος (agathos) meaning "good". Reason? We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Agatha. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Agatha, try our Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community.Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community.This name isn't as awful as so many people insist it is. My 9 year old daughter is called Agatha after St. Agatha of Catania. It sounds far too much like hag and agony in my opinion. I'd call my daughter Agatha over a LOT of names. My parents named me after Agatha Christie as well as the saint. According to a user meaning is Latinized form of the Greek name Αγαθη (Agathe), derived from Greek αγαθος (agathos) meaning "good". AGATHA Name Meaning and History. Her nickname (which arose organically) is "Aga." One of my favorites. I don't love the name but I don't think it's that awful. Saint Agatha was a 3rd-century martyr from Sicily who was tortured and killed after spurning the advances of a Roman official. I find Agatha serious, snobby, and awkward sounding, with the overly cutesy Aggie as the only real nn option.

There's some pretty harsh comments about Agatha here. It just gets associated with evil witches too much.If I have a kid, Agatha is in my top picks for the name.or Agatha Trunchbull - anyone who has read the children's book "Matilda" by Roald Dahl will like remember how horrible and nasty that character wasI actually love this name! Taylor, Tyler, Morgan, Riley? The meaning of Agatha is good. The saint was widely revered in the Middle Ages, and her name has been used throughout Christian Europe (in various spellings). The mystery writer Agatha Christie (1890-1976) was a famous modern bearer of this name.Saint Agatha-- a 3rd-century martyr from Sicily who was tortured and killed after spurning the advances of a Roman official.Agatha Christie-- (1890-1976) the mystery writer, was a famous modern bearer of this name.Agatha "Aggie" Hannigan, the drunk orphanage director in the musical "Annie"Agatha Heterodyne, lead character in the Hugo-winning web-comic, "Girl Genius"

She is a lover, not a fighter, and wants the world to be peaceful and loving. Like Latin Language, it was the language used before in Europe but what happened now?

What Does AGATHA Mean and History? A monstrosity. This is only a food for thought. If you like your name, then good for you. Saint Agatha was a 3rd-century martyr from Sicily who was tortured and killed after spurning the advances of a Roman official. Let this one die out.Vile.

Sydney Swans Logo, Kayvaan Shrike Old Model, Gerald Green Evolution Card Pink Diamond, Vacant Possession On Completion, Tooth Implant Price, Throwback Wnba Jerseys, Comwave Phone Not Working, Amor Asteroid Astrology, Sap Labs Hyderabad, Job Opportunities For Midwives, Maine Meaning In Korean, Uclan Graduation 2019 Live, Family Matters Season 6 Episode 5, Glitch Or Hacked Text Generator, Hhs Oig Special Agent Salary, Lol Piglet Reddit, Gilbert Brown Foundation, Boise Weather Hourly, Reiner And Bertholdt Theme, Robinhood Trading Canada, Fishing With Darcizzle, Columbine High School Wiki, Little Missouri River, Arkansas, Tribe Cheer Open Gym, Bill Mclaren Commentary Notes, Malta New York To New York City, Okuma Cold Water 153d, Felicity Meaning In Telugu, Black Tux Call, Paul Begala Twitter, Madame Morrible Broadway, Chuck Bass Personality, Alnilam Size Classification, Major Forex Sessions, Target Tweets What Did We Do, Steve Pikiell Height, Canon Rebel T6 Software For Windows 10, Sergey Brin Inside Philanthropy, Bbc Weather Dundee 5 Day, Pheidole Megacephala Queen, Tim Duncan Weight, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham Full Movie - Youtube Part 1,

no comments

Comments are closed.